Thursday, April 5, 2012

INSPIRATION/CASE STUDIES

 I love the vertical scale of this obviously rendered scene, and I hope that my own rendering can become half as awesome as this. Though my louvers won't similar to these, they may have more in common with the below picture, which fascinates me.
 As I've mentioned before, I see NO reason not to incorporate vertical gardens into my design.
Reasons they Help:
  1. Less CO2 Emitted by building
  2. Cleaner Interior Air
  3. Less Dependence upon A/C
  4. (depending upon climate...) Summer shade, Winter Solar Gain if plants are dormant.
  5. Pleasing Aesthetic quality
  6. Green Design
  7. Spark interest in Green Design
  8. Tie nature into the urban environment
  9. Reduce Urban Heat Island Effect
 And with further pictures found online, here are some impressive cantilevered designs. My structure is intended thus because I want to leave parking as it is. As much as Possible, anyway..
 Tread Lightly Upon the Ground?
Perhaps we don't live in the same ecosystem or biosphere as these people do, but you get the picture. I want a touchable, growable feel to my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment